Data Matrix codes, which pack a tremendous amount of digital information in a postage stamp-sized footprint, can be found in seemingly endless commercial and consumer areas. But their full potential in industrial automation applications is only now being tapped. By integrating this powerful technology into traditional AGV control, material handling is elevated to an entirely new level.
The Pepperl+Fuchs PGV is the worldâs first Data Matrix-based positioning tracking and control system. Using an advanced industrial 2-D camera, the PGV not only guides a carrier along its coded or colored path, it also offers an integral identification solution to initiate starts, stops, and turns and an absolute encoding system capable of positioning the carrier with sub-millimeter precision. The system features excellent immunity to dirt, scuffing, and ambient light interference ensuring maximum uptime and system availability.
The PXV positioning system is available as safe version: The safePGV enables safe absolute positioning according to SIL 3/PL e for the first time with just a single sensor.
- Flexible navigation via a special bicolor Data Matrix code tape or Data Matrix tags
- Safe and reliable navigation even with damaged Data Matrix codes due to large 120 x 80 mm reading window
- Compact housing for use in even the smallest AGVs
- Easy plug-and-play installation and commissioning
- PROFINET PROFIsafe protocol for flexible integration into any control panel